I know every pregnancy is different, but this is just crazy funny.
When I was pregnant with the girls, food was more about what didn't sound good than what I was craving. When I did crave something it was usually steak and lobster when I could talk Jamie into it. Japanese steakhouse has always been a tradition on New Years Eve and it never tasted so good as when I was pregnant.
This time though, I want man food. I'm talkin wings, BBQ, chips and salsa, wings, wings and more wings. I'm just thankful I do not have any problems with indigestion at this point. Although I'm starting to think packing a container of Tums in my dashboard might be a good idea. We were in the Atl for New Years Eve and had our plans to go to a Japanese Steakhouse and then my eye (and apparently my stomach) caught sight of The Varsity. SHUT UP! That was the best chili cheese dog, onion rings and PC (plain chocolate milk over shaved ice) I have EVER eaten. Trifecta my friends. Jamie was elated as we also cut our budget for the night into a third.
The pregnancy taste buds are quite persuading. The other night I got the sudden craving for Cool Ranch Doritos and it's as if I had just been given ONE to eat and the taste is in my mouth beckoning me to have more. It was late and cold outside, so I tried to pacify myself with about 20 pickle slices and quickly went to bed. I made it throughth e night but I can still sense the craving in my mouth and I have a feeling it will not go away until it is satisfied.
3 comments:
if there is ever a time to rationalize a bag of cool ranch doritos it is when you are pregnant! go get yourself a bag girl!!! :)
I havent had any craving yet but I have noticed that nothing food wise has been very satisfying, until the other day I got a taco salad from taco bell. yum! I really think I would be okay with mexican and italian (which italian is NOT my fav) for the whole rest of this pregnancy. That could change. I have craved any man food, only fresh stuff like orange juice, cucumbers, etc. weird how your body does this. Cant wait to find out what I am having :) Glad I know your blog now.
You are Too funny! Ok.. people you read this and if you know Jennifer you know how little she is! Jeefers, I think that you can afford some Cool Ranch Doritoes, this post is a bit old so hopefully you have satisfied this craving and are onto a new one!!.. or more WINGS! :-) Loves
Post a Comment