9.12.2008

Keeping it Real..

I'm starting a new bible study group and we are reading The 4:8 Principle by Tommy Newberry along with Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow. The purpose of The 4:8 Principle is to help us improve the one thing in life we have complete control over: our thinking.

"The battle you wage against your human nature is an invisible one that will be won or lost in the mind." - The 4:8 Principle

The author also quote Romans 12:2 and states that we are taught transformation is the result of a renewed mind. "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. THEN you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will."

Doesn't it seem we do it backwards? Trying to change our circumstances before asking God to renew our minds.

On the first day of our group we were asked to rate how joy-filled we are on a scale of 1 to 10. And then think of what would improve that rating. - I am probably at my lowest joy level in a while right now so I answered a 2! and if I could just not have to make any decisions regarding money that would improve that rating enormously.

Here are a few questions worth asking yourself:

If you don't do anything differently than you are now, what will your life be like in ten years? Will that be a good thing?

If I repeat today's action 365 times, will I be where I want to be in a year?

No comments: