10.21.2007

Great Friends and Great Pumpkins!

There is nothing like hanging out with good friends. Our whole family was thrilled to see the Kirklands come stay with us this weekend. They got here late at night and we all just stayed up way too late (kids too) enjoying catching up. Throw in some princess dresses, pumpkin cookies, candy pumpkins and 2 of the most opinionated 3 year old and we had a blast. Zoe and Bella are too funny together. Emery was torn between playing with the girls and playing with Henry who seemed to give Emery that flirty grin whenever she looked at him. The mommies and daddies had a blast too. After getting the kids settled we got to hang out, chat, laugh, and play a mean game of Yahtzee where Laura broke 500. Woo hoo! The next morning my kids were our alarm clock at 8:15am. (sorry guys) We had a late breakfast at IHOP, stopped by the outlets and headed up to The Pumpkin patch. It was overcast all morning and as we were driving the sunshine appeared. We said, “Look girls the sunshine is coming out” to which Zoe replied, with hands raised high in the air, “Praise the Lord!” The kids enjoyed running around trying to pick up pumpkins, playing in the little pools of water that had collected around the stems of the pumpkins, and especially the hayride. For some odd reason my girls refuse to look at the camera when we take pictures now, so we got some get action pics this year. Or if I can get Bella to look, she makes an awkward face. What’s a mom to do? Bella’s favorite part was the great big pumpkins on the hayride that talked. It’s hilarious to see her tell someone about them and try to show them with her facial expressions how their eyes and mouth moved. Henry was totally into playing with the hay. We said our goodbyes and Bella had a slight meltdown because she wanted to stay with her “best friend Zoe”, but all is well now and we look forward to doing it again soon. As I type this Bella is standing here saying, “I was to go ride on the hayride again wiss Zoe again.” Good times had by all!

2 comments:

Grammy said...

Great pics ... glad you all had such a wonderful weekend! The girls realy had fun we can see from their pics. Hope to see more on kodak site soon.
Love Ya, Lori

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the thought of waving, but You are right I would not have known who you were. I would have thought that the North Georgia Folk are real nice. :) I probably would have waved back and then after the fact thought oh wait I dont know anyone here why did I just wave to that person.
But it WAS me and my Cali car. Thanks for the "wave". H