10.16.2009

What's going on here?

Most of you who are reading this know what we are going through right now. A Pastor in D.C., Mark Batterson, posted this on his blog and I thought it captured very well what God puts in my mind every time I start to think,"God, what are you doing? I hope you have something planned or we are dead." Then He responds, "Remember the Red Sea, trust me."

Have you ever felt like God made a mistake?

That is how the Israelites felt with the Egyptian army breathing down their necks and the Red Sea staring them in the face. And here's the thing: God led them there. From a military standpoint, they should not have been there. They have no escape route. They couldn't retreat or advance. It seems like God has made a mistake. And the Israelites let Moses know about it. But God had them right where he wanted them.

Sometimes God leads us to a place where we have nowhere to turn but to Him. It's often the last place we want to be. But it's the best place to be. Here is the great irony: all of us want to experience a miracle. We just don't want to be in a situation that necessitates it. But sometimes you need to be between an Egyptian Army and a Red Sea so God can reveal more of His glory!

And just when you think God has made a mistake, He parts the Red Sea.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh,what faith you have sweet Daughter. I know God has you and your precious family cradled in His arms and will cover you in His love and protection. He will reward you! We love you so much. Mom

THE STANCIL FAMILY'S BLOG said...

Jeefers,

You have such a contagious Mountain of Faith! Thank you for sharing it! When God is speaking to you and you share it with others (ie. ME), it is a blessing! I am praying for you and your family and know that God has GREAT things in store!

I love you!
Colie

Grammy said...

Jennifer I know it must truly feel as tough God has turned is back or has made a mistake but just remember that he promises to bring you through anything that he beings you to! And I know that he will. I also know that he is so proud of you and Jamie and how amazing you have stood strong in your beliefs through these difficult times.

Jesus tells us in John 8:12, "1 AM the light of the world. No one who follows me stumbles around in the darkness. I provide plenty of light to live in... " The light of Christ illuminates our world. We are meant to see all things in the light of Jesus. Just as there's a sun and a moon to light up the day and the night, Christ is our inward light, to light up our hearts and our minds.

I think the light at the end of the tunnel is starting to grow brighter every day!!

I love you all very much and am so proud of you too!