8.18.2009

Grady @ 10 weeks

The little man is growing so fast I can't keep up. He turned 2 months and I've just now gotten to blogging. He had his 2 month check up yesterday. He is 75th percentile in height and head circumference and "off the chart" in weight at 16.1 lbs. The doc is really pleased with him and said he is proportionate and just a big boy. Which I happen to notice when I am putting a 6-12 month onesie on him or carrying him around with one arm (this doesn't happen for long).

Although Grady has been a wee bit high maintenance, these last couple of weeks he is chillin' out some. Still eating every 2 1/2 to 3 hours during the day, but is waking up happy and cooing, able to wait a few minutes to eat if necessary and going down for his nap MUCH easier. The best part is he is going to bed around 9pm and sleeping till atleast 4am if not longer, eats and goes right back to sleep for another 4 hours. Mama is happy!

Grady got a swing this week and he LUVS it! Good thing because he got 4 vaccines via injections and 1 oral yesterday. Last night broke my heart and I would've called the doctor if they had been open. Every time he would move his legs he would let out this shrill of a cry, and yes this was after having tylenol. I didn't know if it was his tummy from the oral vaccine or the tenderness from the shots. Neither of my girls were this sensitive to shots, but neither of them had the oral vaccine either. What's a mama to do? I didn't sleep much for worrying about him. Thankfully he was better this morning. And the swing..oh it did wonders!

Other than that, his hair is growing, I promise it's at least a quarter of an inch now and the boy loves to talk. He tries his hardest cooing and smiling. Jamie thought he was going to get a break with a boy from all the talking..hahahaha! Bath time is one of his favorite things. He loves kicking his legs. I think he likes it so much cause this is daddy time AND he gets to splash.

That's Grady in a big nutshell this week. I'm going to try to do a weekly update.

The big sisters are doing well after a fun week visiting Grammy and Grandy, then off to camp, fish and hangout with Nana and Papaw on the lake while mommy and Grady worked a consignment sale. Next week we start homeschool Pre-K for Em and KINDERGARTEN for B. Can you believe it?!

2 comments:

Kally said...

So cute!! Grady is just adorable!! I can't believe he is about to catch Matthew in weight!! How did I end up with such little kids? Poor baby about his shots, that is awful. Is he feeling better now? The girls are just adorable in their shades!! I miss them so much and wish I was there to see that big boy:)

Grammy said...

That pic is adorable! Love it ... thanks for posting!