1.24.2009

The Church

We've had 2 Sunday services here at Awaken Church. We officially do not launch till March. So, we are leading up to the launch date with services centered around our vision. Each week we will talk about what the people of Awaken church are about.

This past week, Jay, our lead pastor, spoke about not going to church, but being the church. One of the things he mentioned was that Jesus called us blessed and we were (as the body of Christ) meant to bless others. "We are a blessed people working together to bless people." That has stuck with me this week partly because we were challenged to find 3 people to bless this week and make sure one of them doesn't deserve it. So my mind has been focused on how I can bless the people that God brings me in relation with throughout my day. As I do that I am functioning as part of the "Church" that Jesus set up. Can you imagine if every Christian began to operate in that mind set? What would your city look like?

I challenge you to look for 3 people to bless this week and maybe even make sure one doesn't deserve it.

2 comments:

THE STANCIL FAMILY'S BLOG said...

I pick my husband... HA Ha!!

Jen Brewer said...

You are too funny! I almost put that stipulation in there, because hey I agree that's an easy one! Love you!